Women in Nontraditional Careers (WINC) Trades Readiness Program
The Women in Nontraditional Careers (WINC) Trades Readiness Program is a pre-apprenticeship program designed to prepare women to enter and succeed in a Registered Philadelphia Union Building Trades Apprenticeship or other careers in the trades. Participants will also be matched with a tradeswoman mentor.
Please email Erin Hofmann [email protected] if you are interested in learning more about the course.
This program is free through the PA CareerLink for individuals who meet the eligibility requirements.
- Training Provider: Finishing Trades Institute (FTI)
- Program Length: 6 weeks
- Program Dates: July 13, 2021- August 19th, 2021
- Training Method: In-person
- Training Location: Sheet Metal Workers Training Center 1301 South Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Pre-requisites: Interest in a career in the building trades, High School diploma or equivalent, Driver’s License, passing score on assessment test (Wonderlic)
- Training Schedule: Tuesday Wednesday Thursday | 8:00AM – 4:30PM
- Skills Learned: Construction Safety, Construction Math, Hands-on training, Interview skills, application readiness
- Industry-Recognized Credentials: OSAHA 10, First Aid/CPR, Multi-Craft Core Curriculum (MC3) Certificate
- Learning Method: In-Person