TechWorks -CompTIA IT Fundamentals
This first-of-its-kind IT training initiative will quickly prepare you for success as an IT support professional.
TechWorks is engaging and interactive, and leads to 3 valuable certifications:
- 1. CompTIA A
- 2. CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- 3. IBTA Business Communication
You will also connect with our employer partner network, and build modern job search skills to quickly land a good-paying job and grow in your IT career!
Also, after earning your CompTIA A certification, you may be eligible for 6 college credits and a scholarship through a partner academic institution. TechWorks is based on an intensive, boot camp model. So, you will dive in quickly and complete the program in 12 weeks or less.
Virtual training sessions are held each Monday, Wednesday and Friday, where you will learn from an IT trainer in a live, virtual classroom with other like-minded, entry-level trainees.
You will participate outside of class in personalized 1-1 tutoring and mentorship sessions with your dedicated IT trainer. Mindset coaching and study habit training are also available.
The TechWorks virtual learning platform brings all of your courseware and class resources together in a single location, where you will complete practice exams, self-paced learning, quizzes, lab simulations, flash cards, and even virtual PC building activities. Successful graduates will connect with employer partners and receive on-going job search support.
- Training Provider: Jobworks
- Program Length: 12 weeks
- Program Start Date: 7/27/2021
- Skills Learned: Successful students will gain the following competencies: 1) IT & Technology: IT concepts and terminology, infrastructure, applications and software, database fundamentals, security, mobile devices, networking, hardware, virtualization, and cloud computing, troubleshooting, operating systems, and more; 2) Business Communication: Structuring business communication, business writing styles, types of phone communication, non-verbal communication, and more; 3) Job Search Strategies: Marketing yourself on the resume, job search techniques to find work fast, LinkedIn profiles that get noticed, and interview strategies that land more job offers.
- Program Prerequisites: High school diploma; foundational digital literacy skills; motivation and dedication; interest in a long-term IT career; and customer service skills.
- Industry-Recognized Credentials: CompTIA IT Fundamentals, CompTIA A+, and International Business Training Association (IBTA) Business Communication
- College Credit(s) Earned: Up to 6 credits available through a partner academic institution
- Learning Method: Online Live