IT Support – Per Scholas Philadelphia
This program is not affiliated with funding from the PA CareerLink.
Per Scholas’ IT Support course is a full-time, tuition-free entry-level course offering 12 weeks (M-F, 9am-4pm) of technical and soft skills/career development instruction. Graduates qualify to earn Google IT Support Professional, and CompTIA A+ certifications and to fill entry-level IT (primarily infrastructure/desktop support and general field technician) jobs.
- Training Provider: Per Scholas Philadelphia
- Program Length: 12 weeks
- Program Dates: 9/13/2021 – 12/3/2021
- Training Schedule: Mon-Fri 9am-4pm
- Skills Learned: IT Support is an intensive and comprehensive hands-on oriented technical training. The training is designed to provide the knowledge and skills required to assemble, refurbish, upgrade, configure and troubleshoot personal computers. It also includes the installation of multiple operating systems (OS), installation of drivers, navigation, management, performance optimization, data management, and security and troubleshooting OS related problems. Preventive maintenance of printers, laptops, and mobile devices will also be discussed as well as the fundamentals of networking. In addition to technical training, 20% of training time is devoted to professional development, including resume and cover letter preparation, interviewing skills, job hunting, basics of customer service and interpersonal communication.
- Program Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalency, 10th grade-level math and reading ability
- Industry-Recognized Credentials: CompTIA A+, Google IT Support Professional
- College Credit(s) Earned: 0
- Learning Method: Online Live